10 Ways an Agent provides Value
For Most Canadians, buying or selling a home is the largest financial undertaking they will ever pursue. Finding or selling a home will depend a variety of factors, including size, location and price.
Whether you’re buying or selling a home, a real estate agent can guide you through all stages of the process, often helping you to avoid pitfalls and to solve problems.
Here are the Top 10 “Value Propostitions” A Real Estate Agent can provide to you:
1. Knowledge of accurate, real time market data to leverage your negotiating position
2. A marketing plan for your home search or sale
3. Improvement the final selling price by approximately 25% compared to selling directly
4. Access to well- established legal resources for drafting and reviewing contracts
5. Advice on improvements to increase the property value
6. negotiating for appliances or furnishings with the home purchase
7. Training in risk management, fraud protection and providing personal activity
8. Access to properties through word of mouth with other agents before they are listed on MLS
9. Knowledge on neighbourhood features such as schools, transportation, shopping and other amentities
10. Expertise in moving the transaction to closing or settlement